Cast your favorite entertainment from your phone, tablet, or laptop straight to the TV.
- A better way to get video, music, and games to your TV
- With Chromecast, your phone is your remote
- simply tap the Cast button in your apps to start watching on the TV
- Search, play, pause, and more, right from your phone
- Unlimited entertainment, all on your schedule
- Choose from over 200,000 TV shows and movies, 30 million songs, plus radio, sports, games and more
- Discover thousands of apps at chromecast.com/apps
- Mirror your Android phone screen or Chrome browser*
- For apps that are not Cast-enabled, use your Android* phone or tablet to display exactly what's on your screen to the TV
- you can also mirror your laptop's Chrome browser to the TV
- Plug in and play
- Get started in 3 easy steps: Chromecast works with the devices you already own
- Plug it into the back of your HDTV, connect it to your WiFi network, and start casting from your phone, tablet, or laptop
- Fresh new look, better performance
- The new Chromecast has higher video resolution and less buffering, thanks to the state-of-the-art WiFi architecture
- The new integrated design also makes it even easier to plug into crowded HDMI ports without the need for adapters or extension cables
- Your one-stop shop to discover content
- The Chromecast app has been updated to make it a destination where you can browse featured content across your apps, search for your favorite movies and TV shows and see where to watch them
- plus, you can find the latest on new apps, offers, and features
- Even more Cast-enabled apps to enjoy
- Now you can cast thousands of apps across videos, sports, music, games and more...enjoy recent additions like Spotify, NFL Sunday Ticket by DirecTV, YouTube Kids, Google Photos and favorites like Netflix, HBO Now and Pandora
- More ways to customize your TV screen
- The same feature that allows you to transform your TV screen into a dynamic backdrop now has more customizable options
- Display personal photos from Facebook and Flickr, or beautiful images from 500px and Getty Images
- New choices for game night
- With new Cast-enabled games coming soon like Angry Birds" Go!, WGT" Golf and Driver Speedboat Paradise, plus favorites like Just Dance Now and SCRABBLE" Blitz, you can turn your TV screen into a game board, racetrack, dance floor or trivia quiz
- Everyone can play using their own phone as their personal game controller
What's in the box:
- Power cable
- Power adapter
- TV with an HDMI port
- WiFi network
- Google streaming device is a compatible computer or mobile device.
- Supported OS and devices: Android 4.1+, iOS 7.0+, Windows 7, or Mac OS X 10.7, ChromeOS
Availability and performance of certain features, services and applications are devices- and network-dependent and may not be available in all areas
- subscription(s) may be required, and additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.
*Mirroring works with most Android devices
Frequently Asked Questions1. Which apps can cast from my smartphone or tablet?
Casting is supported from many apps, including Netflix, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, WatchESPN, YouTube, Pandora, MLS, Crackle, Rdio, MLB.TV, Google Play Movies & TV, Google Play Music, and an increasing number of other apps.
2. Does Chromecast include a remote?
No, it doesn't. Chromecast works with devices you already own, including Android smartphones and tablets, iPhones® and iPads®, Chrome for Windows®, and Chrome for Mac®. Browse for what to watch, control playback, and adjust volume using your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. You won't have to learn anything new.
3. What equipment do I need for a good Chromecast experience?
You will need (1) an HDTV with an open HDMI port, (2) a WiFi connection, (3) a smartphone, tablet or laptop. Subscription services such as Netflix and Hulu Plus or pay-as-you-go movie services like Google Play Movies can also be added.
4. How do I redeem any special movie or music offers?
Any offers that come with Chromecast are digital (online) offers that can be redeemed once your Chromecast is connected to your TV